The Mangere district war memorial hall, including Second World War Roll of Honour board.
The Mangere District War Memorial Hall was officially opened in Domain Road, Mangere Bridge, on 19 November 1955. This was dedicated as a memorial to men who served in both world wars, although a roll of honour for the Second World War only was erected inside the hall (the district had never had its own First World War memorial).
Sources: 'Mangere War Memorial Hall Opened', NZ Herald, 22/11/1955, p. 19; 'Officially Opened! Mangere District War Memorial', Manukau Progress, 25/11/1955, pp. 2-3; Val Payne, Celebrating Mangere Bridge, Mangere, 2005, pp. 34-5.