Glenbrook war memorial hall, including roll of honour boards.
Minister of Internal Affairs Sir William Bodkin formally opened the Glenbrook War Memorial Hall on 24 February 1954. This had been built by local residents on the site of the old public hall, dating back to 1896. The new hall housed rolls of honour for both the First and Second World Wars. The hall was badly damaged in an arson attack in 2007, but was reopened in July 2008 after extensive renovations. The rolls of honour were also restored at this time.
Sources: 'New Glenbrook War Memorial Hall' [public notice], Waiuku News, 23/2/1954, p. 5; 'Fine Spirit Built Glenbrook Hall', NZ Herald, 25/2/1954, p. 10; 'Glenbrook to Celebrate', Franklin Times, 19/9/1978, p. 3; 'Phoenix-like return for hall', Post, 4/3/2008, p. 12; 'Glenbrook hall ready for action', Post, 8/7/2008, p. 3; 'Hall rises from ashes', Franklin County News, 8/7/2008, p. 7.